Improvement & Innovation Project Manager
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Hospital, Wellington Regional Hospital, Kenepuru Hospital
Service: Te Whatu Ora Improve, Service Improvement & Innovation - Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: $81,000 to $122,000
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Te Whatu Ora Improve team are looking to appoint an Improvement & Innovation Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong project skillset to contribute to shaping the future of the health system, creating a more equitable, accessible, cohesive and people-centred system that will improve the health and wellbeing for our communities.
You will lead and support significant district, regional and national projects and be responsible for fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation across the organisation. You will work closely with patients, whānau, communities and staff to understand and solve problems using a range of improvement and innovation approaches.
You will report to the Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley Improvement and Innovation Manager, Te Whatu Ora Improve.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic and supportive team who are dedicated to improving health outcomes for our communities, with a strong focus on equity for Māori, Pacific peoples and people with disability. Our passionate team work across the Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley District, regionally and nationally. We value collaborative working and support staff and services to grow their improvement and innovation skills and capabilities and run improvement and innovation initiatives.
The team support the district to become a learning, pro-equity organisation where innovation and quality improvement is embedded in the practice of all staff.
Moū - About you
You - ll be a team player who is passionate about providing sound improvement project advice. You - ll enjoy building relationships and working alongside others to make things happen for the better.
Key skills and experience:
- Understanding of and a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A relevant project management qualification such as PRINCE2 and MSP
- Proven experience in managing projects through to completion
- An ability to measure and achieve successful outcomes
- A desire to learn and understand the opportunities for improvement within the health system
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and view things from different perspectives; fostering innovative thinking and continuous improvement
- Able to think creatively and lead the development of innovative solutions
- Demonstrated competency in computer skills, including using a range of Microsoft packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of successfully presenting to or facilitating small and large groups
- Current knowledge and experience in the New Zealand Health Sector is preferred but not essential
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Applications close 25th February. Please note we will be reviewing applications as we receive them and continuing through the recruitment process.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached