Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Hospital
Service: In-house services
Contract: Casual Position
Salary: $23.75 - $25.08
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Hutt Hospital are seeking an enthusiastic, customer service-focused Food Service Attendant to join our foodservices team. The Food Service Attendant will follow all guidelines with a high expectation for accuracy during delivery, set up, and monitoring of meal service. Meal assembly, basic food preparation, transport of trolleys and cleaning may be required at times.
This is a casual position with shifts between the hours of 9:00 am - 2pm, rostered across 7 days including weekends. There may be opportunity for career progression into part-time and full-time positions available within the Food Service and across other areas within the hospital.
Food Service Attendant duties include:
- Accurately collecting patient meal orders utilising our Electronic Menu System
- Verifying meal suitability by comparing patient information to food requirements.
- Answer questions from patients regarding menu selections, and meal questions or concerns.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs and special requests to the kitchen.
This position requires a degree of physical fitness, as you will be on your feet all day, interacting with patients, whanau and ward staff.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Hutt Hospital food service provides approximately 1000 meals each day. All meals are prepared and served fresh onsite. We are committed to ensuring quality meals to our patients, staff, visitors and Meals on Wheels recipients.
We are a team of 38 staff who take pride in providing the meal service, to our patients, staff and visitors. Our work day is busy, but we like to have a laugh with each other as we work. We encourage a team environment.
Moū - About you
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Previous experience in a similar fast paced hospitality/customer service and/or foodservice environment
- Good computer skills and the ability to quickly learn specific applications
- Ability to problem solve and maintain positive working relations with team members
- Ability to apply critical thinking, problem solving and effectively deal with complexity
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude and tidy personal appearance.
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Attachments:||No File Attached|