Oral Health Therapist (Dental) | Westport
- Full time, permanent role based in Westport, with travel within your district for clinical work at different schools
- Registered Dental Therapist / Oral Health Therapist with current APC
- As this is a role in a remote area you may be eligible for a voluntary bonding scheme where you will receive $11796 after 3 years service and two additional payments of $3,932 after a fourth year and fifth year.
- Provide dental therapy to our tamariki (children)
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you - ll do with your time
As an Oral Health Therapist, you will be providing dental therapy to our tamariki (children) on the beautiful West Coast.
We currently have a permanent opportunity working in Westport and Northern Areas! You - ll be working in community and school settings with children and their whanau (family) and have the opportunity to work with diverse patient groups, managing a wide variety of oral health problems. You will be a reflective practitioner who embraces innovation and advances in clinical practice and will enjoy working in a team alongside other skilled dental/oral health therapists and assistants.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality oral health care appropriate to the physical, social and cultural needs of pre-school and school age clients;
- Attending meetings, in-service training and courses relevant to the needs of the service and individual Dental/Oral Health Therapist;
- Participating in team meetings and the service quality improvement process.
You will be a Dental / Oral Health Therapist with current APC and ideally you will have had exposure to Dental IT PMS experience e.g. Titanium, but this is not essential.
Some travel across the West Coast may be required.
What we are about
We are unique and like no
other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a
real difference. As an organisation we are committed to help you grow as a
leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
This isn - t a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|