Midwifery First Year of Practice
Registered Midwife (New Graduate)
Permanent, Part time (0.9FTE)
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a New Graduate Midwife and join our passionate and multi-disciplinary team at Maternity in Rotorua Hospital.
As a graduate, you’re now ready to deliver on all of your potential, to put into practice all that you’ve learned during your training. At Te Whatu Ora Lakes, we know that getting the best out of our graduates requires us to get to know them, and to discover what we can do to help them succeed in this challenging environment.
Our Graduate Midwife Programme provides a supportive environment in which you can maintain your levels of competency and progress during that all important first year of practice. It will enable you to provide a high standard of care and encourage you to continue in your professional development.
The midwifery graduate programme is aimed at consolidating the practice of the new graduate specific to the hospital environment. This programme aims to support the beginning practitioner as they rotate through the primary, secondary and rural setting providing care across the full midwifery scope of practice throughout the Lakes region.
Mō te tūranga / About the role
- The local new grad programme works to complement the national MFYP
- Regular and planned time off
- Paid annual leave (as per MECA agreement)
- Paid study leave (as per MECA agreement)
- Supportive of Midwifery Council Recertification programme, professional development and QLP
- Annual Practising Certificate costs re-reimbursed by the DHB
- Designated preceptor
- Robust and Individualised orientation programme
- Supernumery orientation at each new clinical placement
- Positive, supportive and friendly environment with experienced midwifery and multidisciplinary team
- Rotation and consolidation in Taupo’s primary unit and Rotorua’s Maternity unit.
Mō koe / About you
You would be a Registered Midwife with an annual practising certificate and enrolled on the national Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme.
If this sounds like you, apply online now via https://www.lakesdhb.govt.nz. The selection process starts from the date of advertising.
Awhe utu / Salary range
$ 72 952 pro-rated to hours worked (MECA)
New Graduate Midwives commencing practice in 2024 may be eligible for Voluntary Bonding Scheme (year 1 payment of $10,500 after tax). Information about the 2024 intake is available on Te Whatu Ora website.
Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides healthcare from its two modern and progressive general hospitals in Rotorua and Taupo, New Zealand. The Lakes district is well known for its many outdoor recreational activities such as mountain biking, skiing, and fishing. Family friendly beaches are also an hour’s drive away. The Lakes district has a growing multi-cultural community and is becoming the lifestyle destination of choice. Working at Te Whatu Ora Lakes provides a great opportunity to balance an amazing lifestyle with a rewarding professional experience in an excellent and supportive work environment.
• Free parking
• Affordable housing
• Sustainability committee
• Access to countless outdoor activities
• Excellent schooling at all levels
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|