Registered Nurse - Te Whare Hohou Roko
Are you looking for rewarding nursing role and a positive working environment, then apply now?
- We are seeking a Registered Nurse to join our team;
- Must hold current APC with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with Mental Health Scope.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Whare Hohou Roko, is a 9 bed 24-hour medium secure inpatient unit based within the Regional Forensic Psychiatric Service of the Specialist Mental Health Services in Te Whatu Ora.
The team provides multidisciplinary assessment, planning and reviews to support individualised care. Alongside this, Registered Nurses are assigned as case managers and enrolled nurses as associate case managers to co-ordinate and facilitate the MDT plans. The team - s emphasis is on developing collaborative therapeutic relationships to achieve positive, safe outcomes.
Previous forensic or acute specialist mental health nursing experience is preferred but not essential.
Rotating roster pattern encompassing morning, afternoon and night shifts. Extra shifts are possible.
- Permanent Full-time (0.94FTE) position available.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Caring, non-judgemental attitude.
- Completing case management within MDT model.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with awesome problem-solving skills.
- Strong patient advocacy skills that ensure patient safety.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have a good sense of humour.
- Committed to quality patient care.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha Canterbury. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact Lisa Gray - Recruitment Partner Lisa.Gray2@cdhb.health.nz for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|