Positions available for 2024 Training Year - Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrars
2024 Training Year – Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar
Auckland offers a lifestyle where there is something for everyone. We have 'the outdoors' in abundance, world class entertainment, an extensive range of pubs and bars, and a seemingly endless list of cafes and restaurants. Living in Auckland you will be a matter of minutes from beautiful beaches, native bush, mountain biking tracks, free festivals, community markets, art exhibitions and theatre performances as well as fantastic shopping and eating places. Quite simply, Auckland is unbeatable.
Why work as an Obstetrics and Gynaecology Registrar in the Auckland region:
· The Auckland Region has three different District’s based within a 30km radius. Each District has a different demographic and therefore different patient/family cultures.
· A diverse population of approximately 1.6 million with various health care needs and statuses. The Auckland region delivers a third of the babies in New Zealand every year.
· Work alongside experienced consultants as well experience supportive teaching. Working with likeminded individuals who are there to empower and protect woman’s rights – Registrars, House Officers, Nurses and Midwives
· A fair balance of inpatient and outpatient work as well as experience in both medicine and surgical settings.
· Opportunity to provide support, care and guidance to woman who are going through a wide range of emotions
· A balanced lifestyle and for those with a family it is safe, stable and culturally diverse.
· The opportunity for exposure in various sub specialties and areas of special interest including:
o Gynaecological Oncology
o Obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound
o Maternal-fetal Medicine
o Reproductive endocrinology and infertility
o Minimal Access surgery
Eligibility and how to apply:
· Minimum of 9-12 months experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
· Eligibility for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
· Please note this is not an application for the RANZCOG trainees already on the training scheme
· You do not have to be a RANZCOG trainee to apply
We are a values-based organisation that is committed to seeing Aucklanders and Northlanders from every community and background share in a healthier future. To help us achieve this we need a talented diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our values and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Māori and Pacific communities.
Come to Auckland – Where we are training world class doctors
|Permanent Full time
|No File Attached