Senior Project Manager
Te Whatu Ora Health NZ is a leading organization dedicated to enhancing healthcare services and improving patient experiences.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of a replacement patient management system (SI PICS) for Te Tai o Poutini West Coast in collaboration with the South Island region. If you are a seasoned project management professional with a passion for driving positive change in healthcare, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
This position is a fixed term until 31/12/2024, it is predominantly based in Greymouth, however there is some flexibility for other locations on occasions.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire implementation process of the replacement patient management system, ensuring alignment with organizational strategy and goals. Your role will encompass defining project objectives, managing budgets and timelines, and mentoring and coaching project managers. You will play a critical role in identifying, engaging, and influencing internal and external stakeholders to ensure project success. Additionally, you will be responsible for resource allocation, risk management, and quality control throughout the project life cycle to facilitate a smooth transition to business as usual and realize project benefits.
- Identify and engage key stakeholders to align project objectives with organizational priorities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders and governance groups.
- Lead and engage with internal and external stakeholders and contractors to clarify deliverables and timelines.
- Determine resource requirements, including technology, systems, staff, and finance.
- Develop and update project plans, objectives, schedules, funding, and KPIs.
- Support procurement and contract-related activities in alignment with policies and frameworks.
- Manage resources, subcontractors, and consultants, ensuring well-being and safety measures are in place.
- Control project costs and manage scope change requests within budget limits.
- Address change management requirements throughout the project.
- Liaise with sponsors to establish project governance and escalation procedures.
- Identify, record, resolve, and escalate risks and issues as needed.
- Produce reports and presentations in line with organizational reporting requirements.
- Monitor project milestones and deliverables, tracking progress and quality.
- Manage project team performance and address poor performance when necessary.
- Facilitate project assurance reviews and act on recommendations.
- Plan and facilitate the transition to business-as-usual, including documentation.
- Enable the review and realization of project benefits.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- 5+ years of project management experience in a medium to large organization or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification and strong knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Experience managing multimillion-dollar project budgets exceeding $2 million.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and monitoring.
- Experience with risk and quality management techniques.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft software.
- Experience in developing and implementing new business processes.
- Experience with the implementation of patient management systems.
- Tertiary level qualification in Business, Science, Information Services, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience using project management software.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector environment.
- Knowledge of the Health Care environment.
- Experience in organizational change management.
- Information technology experience.
- Experience in process improvement, quality, and control.
If you are a proactive and results-driven Senior Project Manager looking to make a significant impact in the healthcare industry, we encourage you to submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Tai o Poutini West Coast
When you work at the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Tai o Poutini West Coast you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply online through our careers website, or for any further information please contact Kerri McCarthy on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora Health NZ, there could be a place for you!
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|