Occupational Therapist - Christchurch Hospital
- Permananent Full time 1FTE [40 hours per week]
- NZ Registration with the Occupational Therapy Board and Annual Practicing Certificate is essential
- You will provide Occupational Therapy assessment and therapeutic interventions to people presenting acutely within Christchurch Hospital
Mō te tūnga | About the Role
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the supportive Occupational Therapy team at Christchurch Hospital. We are looking for a NZ Registered Occupational Therapist to join us on a permanent basis and who is keen to develop their acute in-patient skills. There may be the opportunity to rotate within this position. We would welcome applications from new graduates who have had in-patient experience during their clinical placements.
As an Occupational Therapist in our team, you - ll provide assessment and therapeutic interventions within the acute inpatient area of Christchurch Hospital Campus, alongside your Occupational Therapy colleagues. We will commit to your professional development and will provide you with a wide range of opportunities within the acute hospital settings to support this development.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working with patients to deliver specific occupational therapy interventions.
- Working with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and working collaboratively with whanau, the wider multidisciplinary team to ensure the best outcomes;
- Identifying and contributing towards service improvement initiatives.
- Being involved in transfer and discharge planning.
- Mentoring and supervision of other colleagues within the wider Occupational Therapy service as appropriate.
- As part of the team you will also contribute to the weekend roster [every 6-8 weeks] at Christchurch Hospital once you have the required experience.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- Sound clinical assessment and problem solving skills, including stroke, cognitive and physical rehab
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, to develop positive interpersonal relationships, and work flexibly within the inter-disciplinary team, with a team player attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to liaise effectively with health professionals both within the in-patient services and in the community
- Strong clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong prioritisation skills and experience with complex discharge planning
- Registration with the NZ Occupational Therapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate (or eligibility to obtain);
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work.
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Alex Jay, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|