Speech Language Therapist
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District
Location: Hutt Valley Hospital
Service: Speech Language Therapy Department, Hutt Valley
Contract: Permanent, Part-time, 0.5 FTE
Salary: Level 5 on current PSA MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
A new vacancy exists for a Speech Language Therapist to deliver optimised services to In-patients at Hutt Hospital, as part of our existing in-patient service team.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
The current SLT team at Hutt hospital comprises a small number of caring, innovative and flexible professionals who are delighted to be able to grow by adding dedicated In-patient FTE to their portfolio of services.
Moū - About you
Essential qualifications, skills and experience in the ideal candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years + clinical practice
- Clinical experience within the area of specialty - In-patient wards- is preferable
- Skilled at swallowing assessments (bedside assessments as well as instrumental assessments)
- Experience providing communication solutions for patients with complex communication difficulties/needs
Essential Professional Qualifications / Accreditations / Registrations:
- NZSTA Annual Practising Certificate
- Current member of the NZSTA
- Qualification with an NZSTA accredited or approved Speech-language Therapy program (BSc. SLT / MSLTPrac)
- Dysphagia trained (recognised under/post graduate cert.)
Someone well-suited to the role will place a high value on the following:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Clinical judgement and decision making
- Collaboration and consultation skills
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Capital, Coast & Hutt Valley District are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|