Occupational Therapist - Te Awakura - North Inpatient
- Part-time fixed term position available until the end of April 2024;
- 20 hours per week (some flexibility with hours);
- NZ Registration and current APC is required;
- Work in an integrated multidisciplinary team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
Te Awakura (part of the Adult Inpatient Group) is a 64-bed adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24-hour care to consumers experiencing acute mental illness. Our model of care primarily focuses on integrated multidisciplinary teams who strive to provide excellent care to tāngata whaiora in the least restrictive manner.
Providing services to consumers in North Christchurch, the North Inpatient unit, comprising of 16 beds, works closely with the outpatient team and other community services. We are made up of passionate clinicians who work in the consumers best interests at all times. We have a supportive team culture and encourage opportunities for growth and development.
Ko wai koe | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead role in facilitating the therapeutic programme, including individual and group-based activities in collaboration with other members of the MDT and the occupational therapy team
- Completing functional assessments and formulating interventions to meet individual strengths and minimise vulnerabilities
- Contributing to MDT treatment planning and discharge planning, including community integration
- Identify meaningful activities and explore vocational and recreational goal setting
- Demonstrating good communication skills supporting effective team functioning
- Working with patients to enable optimum safety and function during this phase of their recovery;
- Working with patients from diverse social and cultural backgrounds and bring your enthusiasm and passion to achieve the best outcome for consumers
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work;
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the consumer physical, psychological, social, cognitive and developmental level in relation to the presence of mental disorder;
- Exceptional communication, organisation, and time management skills.
- As an effective communicator you will have a positive, engaging and solution focussed attitude to your work;
- NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with current Annual Practicing Certificate (essential);
- Mental health experience is preferred however this could be an opportunity for an OT working in Physical to upskill in mental health work
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do - .
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
For additional information about this role please contact Lisa Gray, Recruitment Partner Lisa.Gray2@cdhb.health.nz
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you.
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|