Core Social Work Clinician - Medical and Renal (Full Time) Acute Allied Health
Permanent, Full Time
Remuneration as per PSA Allied Health MECA guidelines (between step 1 $58,513 - 7 $82,271)
• Flexible Work Arrangements + EAP + Regular Hours
• Paid Study Leave & Financial Support for External Courses
• Team Environment + Multicultural Setting + Agile Work Style
Te Whatu Ora - Counties Manukau District is a dynamic and progressive organisation at the forefront of innovative health delivery. It is this diversity that offers unique opportunities for health professionals on both a personal and professional level. We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
Gain valuable real-life experience & insights through the role of Social Worker, to provide social work intervention across the Acute Allied Health Medical and Renal Social Work Services at Counties Manukau District. The service provides a comprehensive Social Work Service to persons in an Acute setting with in the Medical and Renal Social Work teams. The social work role is varied as you support the patient throughout their admission experience, working with both patient and family ensuring they are involved in all aspects of their care, promoting optimal discharge outcomes.
You will have sound knowledge and experience in Child Protection and Family Violence Social Work and an understanding of the relevant legislation. Your understanding of health and disability issues together with sound counselling skills will enable you to work with patients and their families/whanau in therapeutic and holistic way. A commitment to working with other disciplines within a multidisciplinary team environment, excellent understanding of and commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and an understanding of Tikanga Maori or a Pacific Island language would be an advantage. As the Social Worker providing intervention to this service, you can look forward to working in a challenging multi-disciplinary environment where you will be expected to contribute to the development of bi-cultural Social Work practice.
• Registered with the NZ Social Work Registration Board
• High level of verbal and written interpersonal skills
• Social Work experience in a heath environment or Statutory Agency
• Knowledge of community agencies and networks
What's in it for you?
• Annual practicing certificate is refunded
• A generous relocation package which includes a one-way flight, accommodation, car rental, shipping freight (T’s & C’s apply)
• Support with Immigration/Visa
• Discounted services as part of our work perks
Please apply online by clicking on the Apply Now button.
Job Number: CMH202312091
Applications Close: 24 September 2023
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|