Registered Nurse / Allied Health Professionals - Crisis Resolution
- Positions available for Registered Mental Health nurses, Social Workers, and Occupational Therapists with community experience;
- Permanent full-time and part-time positions available;
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Crisis Resolution team is central to providing urgent and acute mental health care in Waitaha Canterbury. This fast-paced and dynamic area of crisis work creates an excellent opportunity for Nurses and Allied Health looking for a challenging and stimulating place to work. Crisis Resolution provides a 24-hour, 7 day a week service assessing the needs, providing treatment and support to people in the early stages of experiencing a psychiatric crisis.
Pehea | About You
As a professional and highly motivated Nurse or Allied Health Worker who displays a positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work, you will enjoy being part of a committed and diverse multidisciplinary team, you will work in collaboration with a group of professionals that recognises the importance of providing quality care and services to their clients, friends and whānau. Working within a multi-disciplinary team, and in collaboration with our clients and their whānau, primary care, community supports and our inpatient teams, your ability to think on your feet, triage and prioritize your patients appropriately in a timely manner is essential.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, the following is required:
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope
- Qualified Occupational Therapists and Social Workers will also be considered.
- Skills and experience in assessment and case management.
- Have a full New Zealand driver - s license
- Knowledge of and a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Ideally you will be a Duly Authorised Officer who has been trained and signed off as being able facilitate the MHA, if not currently a DAO applicants for this position will be willing to undertake this paid three day DAO training as provided by the Waitaha Canterbury.
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha (Canterbury). We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whānau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Lisa Gray - Recruitment Partner - Lisa.Gray2@cdhb.health.nz
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|