Consultant, Emergency Medicine
Nau mai, haere mai ki Te Whatu Ora Taranaki
Taranaki Whanui He Rohe Oranga - Taranaki Together, A Healthy Community
Te Kaupapa – Mission
Improving, promoting, protecting and caring for the health and wellbeing of the people of Taranaki.
We are looking for people that share our vision by providing the best care for our people and our community. We have a responsibility to see the whole picture, the whole community, in terms of health and to support everyone working in Taranaki to do the best job they can in a world of constant change.
Taranaki - A place like no other
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
For further information on our international recruitment and what we offer Click here and find out how to make a difference somewhere different.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
At Te Whatu Ora Taranaki we are committed to recognising the value our people bring to our organisation within a supportive team of healthcare professionals that provide comprehensive care to our patients.
We believe having workforce that is diverse and inclusive, we are a pro-equity Health Organisation and this means that we will be better positioned to understand and serve our community.
When you choose to work with us, we will offer you:
· A comprehensive orientation and induction to our organisation and your department
· Access to clinical training and education
· Up to date facilities, Have a look at
· Project Maunga - our New Facilities currently under construction check this out on our website www.tdhb.org/maunga.shtml
· Opportunities to participate on local project and regional collaboration teams
· Professional development
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
Fixed Term, 12-month Maternity Leave, September 2023 - September 2024
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
Hawera Hospital, South Taranaki Rural Health, Hawera
- Join a team of 17 FACEM and other emergency medicine trained specialists
- Providing a 24/7 service with approximately 33,000 and 16,000 patient visits per year
- Accredited by the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine to deliver 12 months Registrar training
Emergency Medicine Specialists work between two sites at Taranaki Base Hospital, located in New Plymouth, and Hawera Hospital, located 1-hour drive south. The roster involves approximately 18 shifts over a six-week period. You are supported locally by nearly all medical and surgical specialties, and have mid-level providers, junior doctors and medical students working or rotating through them.
The accredited training programme has been successful with trainees recently passing their fellowship exams.
There is provision for ample paid CME and vacation leave to take when you want to take time for fun or learning.
Click here to read more about our Base Hospital Emergency Department
Click here to read more about our Hawera Hospital.
Moū - About you
In Taranaki you would:
- Provide emergent care for the entire district
- See a full range of patient presentations
- Work closely with other specialists to achieve the best care possible for your patients, and build more than surface level relationships with colleagues
- Be enjoying the enthusiasm and refining your training talents when helping develop junior staff and students in the departments.
- Expectation you will participate in education and assessment of junior medical staff and students
Click here to view the position description for Taranaki Base Hospital.
Click here to view the position description for Hawera Hospital.
Do you share in our vision, our values and will ensure our patients feel supported and cared for throughout their journey with us?
We would love to hear from you! - Join us!
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
For more information regarding Taranaki Base Hospital in New Plymouth, please contact Dr Michael Connelly, Clinical Director - Emergency Medicine, via email: Michael.Connelly@tdhb.org.nz
For more information regarding Hawera Hospital / Rural Hospital Medicine, please contact Dr Tom Dawson, Head of Department, South Taranaki Rural Health, via email: Tom.Dawson@tdhb.org.nz
Closing date for applications is 31 August 2023. However, should we make appointments prior to this date, we will close the advertisement early.
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|