CORE 2 Rotational Occupational Therapist
1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Allied Health – Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā
Exciting rotation opportunity awaits you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Occupational therapist to join our Core 2 rotation programme at Te Whatu Ora – Waitematā.
This is a full-time permanent role which will give you the opportunity to build on skills gained in your new graduate years in a fast paced, fun and supportive learning environment. Come and be part of a team who focus on clinical excellence. If you love the outdoors, close access to beaches, cafés, parks and transport links, then Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā is the ideal working location.
We have a lot to offer you:
· Opportunity to develop core Occupational Therapy skills through a rotational programme
- A hardworking, supportive and fun work environment
- Excellent support from our clinical coach and senior practitioners in all areas of practice
- Opportunities to develop your clinical skills and knowledge in the acute, rehabilitation and community settings.
- In-house career development with regular in-service training and education opportunities
- Monthly professional supervision
- Work perks including on-site fitness hub, retail discounts etc.
The Rotation Programme:
We offer a two tier rotational scheme within Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā with the Core 1 and Core 2 positions based at North Shore Hospital, Waitakere Hospital, and Community.
Core 1 rotational positions are 6 months long and offer experience in:
- Acute medical (2 rotations)
- Elective orthopaedics
- Acute surgical
- Inpatient Mental Health (under 65’s)
- Older Adult Assessment Treatment & Rehabilitation (AT&R)
Core 2 rotational positions are 12 months long and offer experience in:
- Trauma Orthopaedics
- Integrated stroke unit
- Complex rehabilitation
- Wilson Centre (Paediatrics)
What we are looking for in candidates:
- At least 2 years’ experience either as a rotational OT or in a staff grade position.
- Someone who likes a challenge and is motivated to upskill in a range of different practice areas
- Demonstrates an understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Occupational Therapy and its application in practice
- Flexibility and a willingness to work across our different areas to meet service need
- Evidence of being a good team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Apply now and join Te Whatu Ora/Health NZ Waitematā to make a positive difference
For position description, please click here
For specific queries regarding the nature of the role please contact Louise Harben, Occupational Therapy Clinical Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katrina Wallis, Professional Clinical Leader for Occupational Therapy at email@example.com
For general enquiries or assistance with your application, please contact Bairavi Thavarasa, recruitment consultant at Bairavi.Thavarasa@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job Number : WDHB16554
Closing Date : 11th June 2023
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|