Registered Nurse, Kahikatea - Medical Day Unit, Parental Leave Cover
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The remuneration range for this role is $66,570 to $95,340 and is covered by the collective agreement: NZNO MECA (2 Aug 2020 – 31 Oct 2022)
About the role
We are looking for a Registered Nurse to join our wonderful team in the Kahikatea Medical Day Unit, Te Whatu Ora Tairawhiti. This is a fixed term role for up to 12 months, to cover parental leave.
The Kahikatea Medical Day Unit is a satellite medical oncology service under Te Whatu Ora Waikato. We provide a range of medical infusions, including medical oncology and haematology chemotherapy. You will work closely with our medical oncology on-site team and our specialists based at Waikato Hospital.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide direct patient care to patients receiving medical infusions, including chemotherapy.
- Administer medications and treatments according to medical orders.
- Monitor patients' vital signs and report any changes to the medical team.
- Provide education and support to patients and their families.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of chemotherapy.
- Maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practicing Certificate.
- At least 2 years of experience in acute medicine or medical oncology.
- Experience in chemotherapy administration is desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative team.
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Whilst the unit is currently open Monday to Friday the role is advertised as rostered and rotating shifts. Hours and FTE are negotiable. Some shifts in other areas of Gisborne hospital or weekend work may be required.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Christina.Cullen@TDH.org.nz – Operations Manager for more details.
Position Description |Registered Nurse, Medical Day Unit
We manage all vacancies at this level, through a NURSING VACANCIES (link) central landing page that includes more information about us and this specific position. Please apply via the link below. You will be redirected to our central nursing page.
APPLY FOR THIS NURSING VACANCY (link)
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|