Looking for an - on the job training - role in the healthcare sector?
We have just the opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Medical Technician to join our vibrant team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Medical Technician works as a member of the Te Whatu Ora Te Tai o Poutini Medical and Orthotic Technicians Team.
Experience for this role is not essential, however you should be committed to completing your Certificate in Physiology Measurement (Cardiology) within 12 months of starting.
Specifically, the role is responsible for
- Hands on clinical work e.g. performing exercise tolerance tests, ECGs, spirometry tests and pacemaker scanning.
- To work in accordance with the best practice and relevant ethical and professional standards and guidelines.
- To work with the Clinical and Operational Leaders of services which provide oversight e.g Audiology, Respiratory, Cardiology, Orthopaedics and Orthotics
- Builds a collaborative relationship with partners across the health system to ensure an integrated health service for the West Coast.
- Commitment to flexible & friendly customer
service and patient advocacy.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Current full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated knowledge of the New Zealand Health Sector
- Commitment to complete the Certificate in Physiology Measurement (Cardiology) within 12 months of commencement
- Excellent administrative, organisational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously as well as being a good team player.
- Ability to be innovative, pro-active and flexible
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to communicate across all disciplines and occupational groups
- Competence in a variety of administration and health record applications
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Certificate in Physiology Measurement (Cardiology)
- Previous experience of working in health care setting.
- Experience in customer care / service
- Possess good clerical, literacy and computer skill
Join our team today and help us make a positive impact on the lives of our patients and clients!
Mō mātou - About us
From July last year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people - become part of our team.
Ngā hua - Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei - Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Jenny Bailey - Recruitment Specialist - email@example.com
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|