Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
Te Matau a Māui Hawke’s Bay is the region’s largest employer and is deeply connected to the Communities’ Health and Wellbeing and are seeking an experienced Safety & Wellbeing Advisor to join the Team, based in Hastings.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Actively support the management of hazardous substances across Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Māui, Hawke’s Bay sites
- Support the monitoring of compliance through audits, inspections and surveys both internally and externally
- Support with training in, and implementation of safe systems of work (SSW)
- Support in the development, implementation, promotion and evaluation of initiatives
- Provide technical support to managers and health and safety representatives
Skills and Experience
- Workplace H&S diploma/degree (or equivalent)
- Health and Safety Certificate NZQA level 6 (or equivalent)
- Experience in a health and safety advisory position
This is a great opportunity to assist the Health and Safety Team and be a part of contributing positively to a large New Zealand community organisation’s culture & development. A competitive salary will be offered.
If you believe you have what it takes, review the Position Profile HERE and apply now!
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Maui, Hawke’s Bay in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our Te Whatu Ora values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira– Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Maui, Hawke’s Bay expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|