Taurawhiri - Maori Cultural Advisor Child Youth and Family Mental Health Services
- Permanent / Full Time position
Ko wai mātou: Who we are
Te Whatu Ora Waitemata acknowledge the way we plan and make decisions and deliver services every day is based on our values of everyone matters; with compassion; better, best, brilliant and connected.
At Te Whatu Ora Waitematā, the Marinoto Child & Youth Mental Health team offers expert support to young people both in rural and urban areas, and we are currently looking for two Taurawhiri - Cultural Advisors. The Taurawhiri will assess the cultural needs of Maori patients, communicate those needs to the multidisciplinary team, initiate contacts with family and arrange cultural interventions.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
The role will include:
- Providing comprehensive cultural assessments, intervention, and recommendations for Māori Tangata Whai Ora living within Marinoto West Services.
- Deliver Tikanga Oranga/Cultural Assessments using Te Whare Tapa model of care, where appropriate providing recommendations on appropriate Māori cultural and clinical interventions
- To provide a holistic and indigenous Kaupapa Māori learning environment that supports traditional Māori principles and values
Ngā He korero mōu: What we are looking for
To ensure service delivery and outcomes are meet you will need;
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori me ōna Tikanga
- Strong understanding of the importance of and meaning of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Knowledge of Māori Health models
- Experience in working with tangata whai ora
- Knowledge and practice of working with Māori whānau, iwi, hapū
If this sounds like you we welcome your application.
To view a copy of the Position Description click here.
For queries regarding recruitment please contact our Recruitment Consultant, Anna Tiaiho on 09 442 7248 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number: WDHB15326
Closing Date: 31st May 2023
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|