Pharmacy Technician - Rotational, Auckland City Hospital
- Pharmacy Technician – Rotational – permanent – full time
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Busy onsite hospital pharmacy department
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
At the Pharmacy Department, we provide expert advice and assistance to ensure the safe and cost-effective prescribing and administration of all medications within Te Toka Tumai.
We embrace and encourage a culture that is committed to development and continual improvement, the philosophy of getting it “right first time” and the Pharmacy Department’s values and goals. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. We are committed to strive to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust, respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service.
In this role you will provide technical support to the Pharmacy Department by:
- Maintaining the Imprest ordering and maintenance.
- Centralised temperature monitoring system maintenance
- Assisting with the ordering, supply and distribution of Pharmaceuticals, including Chemotherapy for in and out patients
- In-patient and clinical trial dispensing
- Controlled Drug Processing
- Manufacturing various medications for supply to in-patients
- Cytotoxic, sterile and non-sterile dispensing
- Assisting in the Informatics, Medication Safety & Medicines Information teams with automation systems and other quality initiatives
For further details, please refer to the position description here.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Have NZQA NZ Certificate in Pharmacy (Technician) Level 5 (or equivalent)
- Ideally you will have proven technical proficiency and previous Hospital or community experience.
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, or require information in an accessible format, please Aaron Chamberlain - Recruitment Consultant at AaronChamb@adhb.govt.nz to discuss how we can best support your application.
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 100 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services. We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|