PGY2 and PGY2 plus House Officers 2024-2025
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
- Permanent PGY2 House Officer positions for the 2024-2025 RMO year
- Successful applicants MUST be available to work in Wellington, Hutt and Wairarapa Hospitals.
- The Wellington Region RMO positions are across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa Hospitals.
- If you are successful in gaining a position, the service will do their best to accommodate the run preferences stated within your cover letter.
- RMO salaries are calculated based on relevant previous years of experience and the average weekly hours of work as set out in the relevant run description.
- For the current salary bands, please refer to the current RDA or STONZ MECA's.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Join our fellow 535+ Resident Medical Officers employed by the areas of the Wellington Region (Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa) to gain leading experience, medical supervision and training.
Home to the NZ Government, Wellington is a vibrant place to live and work and has repeatedly been voted as New Zealand - s top lifestyle city. Wellington is considered cultural and creative hub of the country and hosts numerous cultural events as well as live theatre, music and festivals. We are renowned for our caf culture, nightlife, fantastic restaurants, sparkling harbour, surf spots, amazing views, outdoor activities and close proximity to vineyards ensuring you are never short of activities to do outside of working hours. For more information about living in Wellington, visit the Discover Wellington website
- You will love working with us as you will have the opportunity to rotate across our three district hospitals and includes the possibility of Rural attachments without having to leave the region.
- There are vast career progression opportunities available due to the high number of Registrar positions and wide range of specialties across the region. We also ensure that formal and informal teaching sessions are available to all of our RMOs
- We allow and support opportunities for advancement with many of our House Officers progressing to our competitive Registrar positions across the region.
- We offer weekly teaching sessions on diverse topics to support your on-going medical education.
Moū - About you
Suitable for Resident Medical Officers who have completed at least one full year of work and are therefore considered PGY2+, or are due to complete PGY1 by the role commencement date.
You must have eligibility for general or provisional general registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand. Information on the process of application for this can be found on their website at http://www.mcnz.org.nz/ or http://www.mcnz.org.nz/get-registered/registration-self-assessment-tool/
You will need to be a NZ or Australian citizen or resident, or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ. Click here for the Immigration NZ website.
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the Te Whatu Ora Capital, Coast, Hutt Valley & Wairarapa districts we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
- Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us.
- All references must be on the MCNC RP6 form if you are an overseas graduate and may be on the National RMO Reference form if NZ graduate.
- For further information on this role please email RMO_Recruitment@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
- The districts require ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
- Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Te Whatu Ora Capital and Coast, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa Districts requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|