2024 Training Year Non-SET Surgery Registrar
These positions are in the regional training rotation programme with Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Auckland Region Districts comprising Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Te Toka Tumai Auckland, Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Waitematā and Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand Counties Manukau Districts.
Work and live your best life in Auckland in 2024!
- Highly diverse and multicultural - Tamaki Makaurau (Auckland) has more than 200 ethnic communities
- Live a life that allows you to explore the energetic nightlife, bustling restaurant scene, and an abundance of cultural and leisure activities
- Experience the East and West Coasts of Aotearoa within a short drive
- Access to beautiful beaches and walking tracks right by your doorstep Why train as a non-SET Surgical Registrar in the Auckland Region:
Ability to rotate through the nine RACS surgical sub-specialties:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, General Surgery, Neurosurgery, ORL/ENT, Orthopaedics, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Vascular Surgery
Please note: if you are interested in Orthopaedics only, please specify this in your online application
- Approved training reimbursements
- Opportunity to practice across three District Health Boards, all within a 30km radius of each other. Many national and supra-regional specialist services are located within the three DHBs.
- Work in structured teams with supports from SET trainees and Fellows as well as Consultants.
- Work alongside Consultants who are SET selectors who can offer you valuable mentoring, feedback, advice and tips to get onto the RACS SET Training program
- Obtain world-class training and supervision by world-renowned Consultants dealing with some of the most complex and serious conditions in New Zealand
- Diverse patient base, and with almost a third of the population of New Zealand in the Auckland region, the ability to hone your interpersonal, diagnostic and surgical skills and to rapidly increase experience in all aspects of surgical care.
See for yourself what one of our Non-SET Surgical Trainees has to say about training and working in Auckland:
Eligibility criteria and how to apply:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in surgical runs
- Eligibility for general scope registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Applications close: at 5pm on Friday 9 June 2023
Interviews held between: 26, 27, 28 and 29 June 2023
Please note: if you are interested in Orthopaedics only, please ensure you book an interview for the Orthopaedics only panel on 27 June 2023
Offers to successful applicants: Monday 21 August 2023
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand is committed to seeing Aucklanders from every community and background share in a healthier future. To help us achieve this we need a talented diverse workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds who share our values and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maori and Pacific communities.
Come to Auckland - where we are training world class Doctors
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|