Senior Physiotherapist roles in CVICU and Cardio-thoracics
- Clinical Leadership
- Permanent, Full-Time role in the Cardio-Thoracic Surgical Unit (CTSU) and Cardio-thoracics
- Career Growth Opportunity
- Visa and relocation support are on offer for suitable candidates
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced NZ Registered Senior Physiotherapist to work in our Cardio-Thoracic Surgical Unit (CTSU) as part of the Physiotherapy Medical team or within our CVICU team as part of our Physiotherapy Critical Care team. This is an exciting and unique role for New Zealand as CTSU and CVICU are the national centres for heart and lung transplantation. CTSU and CVICU also provide regional care for pre and post-operative patients undergoing cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures.
This role is based at Auckland City Hospital and we can offer permanent, part-time or full-time position 1.0 FTE (20 - 40 hours/week). These are new key roles within our service and they are an ideal opportunity for an experienced physiotherapist wanting to develop their leadership capabilities and advance their skills in:
- Implementing evidence-based practice and service development
- Motivating, guiding and developing staff
- Clinical leadership
This role will also see you performing the below duties:
- Manage a clinical caseload while providing day-to-day coordination and leadership for a small team
- Provide comprehensive service to our cardiothoracic patients
- Play an active role in quality improvement, staff and service development
- Work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary environment
- Participate in our weekend and on-call roster
Regardless of your experience, you will receive a thorough orientation and be well-supported in your role. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of conditions from specialist services.
Click here to view the position description
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- New Zealand registration as a Physiotherapist with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- 6+ years post-graduate experience including clinical experience in acute care preferably respiratory, cardiac or surgical settings.
- Significant experience working in the hospital setting
- A flexible, proactive and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence-informed practice
- Evidence of establishing and developing working relationships within the wider MDT
- Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how to provide culturally safe care
For more information about this role please contact Nina Mackenzie (Clinical Lead Physiotherapy – Clinical Support) at NMacKenzie@adhb.govt.nz
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s national health service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to have a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieve equitable outcomes for all.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Te Toka Tumai Auckland is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state-of-the-art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
For more information on what we offer, please click here
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Advertising closes: Friday 16th June at 12pm NZT
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter.
Click here to view details about our recruitment process
Immigration / Visa Support
Immigration NZ has introduced a new Accredited Employer Work Visa system from 4 July 2022. For some positions, this includes a clear pathway to residency. And of course, for successful candidates offered a position with us who require a Work Visa, we will provide support with their Visa application. Here is a link for more information on Immigration NZ Accredited Employer Work Visa
The remuneration for this position is covered by a collective agreement (PSA Allied, Public Health and Technical MECA 2018-2020)
Salary Range: Step 9 $81,492 to Step 12 $92,799 (depending on experience)
If you have any queries about accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Vaidehi Sharma - Recruitment Consultant at Vaidehis@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB17827 to discuss how we can best support your application.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|