Cervical Screening Self-Testing Research Nurse - Fixed Term
Te Whatu Ora – Waitematā
Registered Nurse looking for a new challenge? Interested in research? This could be the role for you.
Waitematā District serves the largest DHB population in NZ, providing health services to a diverse population. Our healthcare workforce is based in the North Shore, Rodney and West Auckland Districts.
As a Cervical Screening Research Nurse, you will support the delivery of an innovative Self -testing cervical screening research programme. You will primarily be supporting wahine and whānau who participate in the programme by providing them with good information and a good experience of screening. You will be providing result management and follow up, including nursing care for wahine in their home or other community settings. The role will also involve training, primary care liaison, invitation and engagement with study participants, clinical and project teams, and coordination of support for study participants throughout the cervical screening pathway.
We are looking for:
• A Registered Nurse with current annual practising certificate
• Authorised Cervical Sample Taker within New Zealand NCSP
• Current full and clean driver licence
• Experience in contemporary general nursing, knowledge of Primary care settings and women’s health.
You will be joining a close knit supportive team, with good leadership and opportunities. Key to your success will be your ability to build strong relationships and manage multiple tasks. You will also have:
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with wahine Māori
• An understanding of cervical screening
• Demonstrated professional responsibility
• Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the DHB’s MoU with Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Whātua and in Counties Manukau with Ngā Mana Whenua o Tamaki Makaurau
• Commitment to achieving health equity, and therefore reducing systemic inequalities in the planning and delivery for health, health outcomes and health service utilisation This is an excellent opportunity to work on an innovative research project within the Māori Health Pipeline Team.
If you would like to take your career to the next level of service delivery, research, screening, or speciality Nursing, we would love for you to apply.
For a copy of the Position Description click here.
For enquiries regarding the role, please contact Scott Abbot Scott.Abbot@waitematadhb.govt.nz.
For recruitment enquiries please contact Sarah Kneller: Sarah.Kneller@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job Reference: WDHB16184
Closing date: 31 March 2023
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Research Nursing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|