Registered Health Clinician - CADS South
- Full and Part time roles available
- Mon – Fri 30am - 5pm
- Support with Professional Clinical Role
- Access to specialist AOD Training available
- Brand new site
- Co-located with cultural teams
Kia ora koutou, Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Kia orana, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Ni sa bula vinaka, Taloha ni and Warm Pacific greetings
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for full time AOD clinician to work in our South Auckland service.
We have moved into brand new purpose built premises in Manukau City. The new address is 7 Ronwood Ave, Manukau City Centre. This provides new client areas including new reception, clinical rooms, counselling and large group rooms. As well as a modern staff area with a big staff kitchen, outdoor area, staff shower, staff toilets and a large staff training room. There is staff parking and a bike area. The modern transport hub is nearby Manukau Britomart train/bus station and newly built Puhunui transport station. Westfield Manukau mall is close by with tertiary providers Manukau Institute of Technology, University of Auckland and Auckland UniTec are all less than 5 minutes walking distance from CADS South.
CADS are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to reduce harm with substances and to promote recovery and wellbeing. CADS have been working in the community for over 20 years.
You will be an experienced professional (qualification in applied AOD studies, nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields) registered with DAPAANZ or equivalent professional body who is seeking an opportunity to work in a cohesive well supported team and further develop your AOD expertise. You will have relevant tertiary qualifications, excellent communication, assessment, treatment and referral skills, experience and expertise in working with clients and a clear problem solving approach. Group work experience highly regarded.
A sense of social justice and enjoying working with people in all their complexity is required. You will have a non-judgemental attitude, excellent engagement and communication skills, and an ability to work autonomously within a team.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to truly make a significant difference in people’s lives. We will provide you with the support to master the detail of the position and gain confidence in the role while you develop your career in the addictions recovery Sector. We provide continual training opportunities to further extend your knowledge and ability
- Full registration with professional body (dapaanz , nursing, social work, counselling, psychology, occupational therapy or related fields)
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Legal right to work in NZ
- Ability to implement Te Tiriti O Waitangi in your daily work
- Ability to facilitate evening groups
- Clinical experience in addictions or mental health or similar
- Comfortable working with other health and social service providers
- Lived experience as a consumer or whanau member
- Working for a regional service in the country’s largest DHB provides more opportunity for professional development and career progression
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
For more information please phone Helen Schmidt, Clinical Team Leader CADS South, (09) 263 2000 and for more information about the position, please contact Anna Tiaiho, Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7248.
Please apply for these roles by visiting our website at www.wdhbcareers.com, quoting reference number EOIMH1
Please click here for a copy of the job description.
Job Number: EOIMH1
Closing date: 15 April 2023
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Alcohol and Drug Counsellor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|