Team Administrator - Te Pūriri o Te Ora | Cancer and Blood
- Work with New Zealand’s leading public hospital and make a difference to the health of Auckland
- Excellent opportunity to utilise and develop your administrative skills
- Permanent full time position
- Central Auckland location
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
We are Te Whatu Ora Te Toka Tumai Auckland. We provide health and disability services to more than half a million people living in central Auckland, regional services for Northland and greater Auckland, and specialist national services for the whole of New Zealand. Our main sites are Auckland City Hospital, Greenlane Clinical Centre and Starship Children’s Hospital, located in central Auckland.
We are part of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, the overarching organisation for New Zealand’s National Health Service. Te Whatu Ora leads the day-to-day running of the health system, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels.
We are committed to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi and providing culturally safe care. We value role modelling manaakitanga as demonstrated by Ngāti Whātua in the gifting of their whenua on which our hospitals stand. We aspire to having a workforce reflective of the communities we serve and achieving equitable outcomes for all.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
Te Pūriri o Te Ora Regional Cancer and Blood Service, based at Auckland City Hospital, is the leading provider of cancer care in the Auckland region, serving a large and varied population of around 1.7 million people. The Auckland City Hospital Radiation Oncology Department is the largest single site department in Australasia. Now is the time to join a modern and busy department with around 3500 new patients per year.
In this role, you will be working alongside doctors, clinical nurse specialists and allied health professionals, outpatient schedulers and other administrators to provide cohesive administrative support.
Are you committed to giving quality service? If yes, this is a perfect opportunity for you to showcase your exceptional customer service qualities. Ideally, you will come from an administrative background, where strong communication skills and attention to detail were your strong points. Essential to your success in this role are
For all aspects of this role and experience/knowledge required please see the position description.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Be reliable, and work well under pressure
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and have well-developed communication skills
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a willingness to go that extra mile
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work autonomously
On a day to day basis you will work with Outlook, Excel and Word and a range of Hospital Systems. You will be regularly challenged by a wide range of tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and develop working with a great team.
He aha ngā painga o tēnei mahi mōu | Why you will enjoy working here
Auckland City Hospital is based in the heart of Auckland, voted as one of the best cities to live in the world! The city is set in a pristine marine-based environment with a temperate climate. It has a vibrant mixture of lifestyles and cultures and offers easy access to stunning and diverse scenery and a wonderful range of outdoor pursuits. With its beautiful countryside and dynamic metropolitan centres, New Zealand offers something for everyone.
We recognise there is more to life than mahi | work, and we encourage and provide access to all our staff several services and benefits to support themselves whilst they are employed within Te Toka Tumai Auckland. You will also enjoy:
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme
- A fast paced, unique and rewarding work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction and is always interesting
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as an administrative professional while working with a very friendly team.
- Continuous improvement and development opportunities
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
For more information on what we offer, please click here.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Please submit your application online, outlining your experience and motivation to apply to this role.
If you have any queries about accessibility, or technical issues with the online process, please contact Jade Cowley, Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can best support your application.
Kindly note that we require the applicant to possess valid working Visa/ NZ Residency or Citizenship for being successful in the role.
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - Central Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Administration - Administration|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|