Practitioners (Full Time/Part Time) Population Health, Te Whatu Ora
- Contribute to achieving a Smokefree Counties Manukau by 2025 and to reducing the persistent population health inequities that are associated with high smoking prevalence rates in Counties Manukau
- Work in a team of passionate, capable and committed people
- The New Zealand Government has committed to a vision of a Smokefree New Zealand/Aotearoa by 2025.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a tertiary health graduates to work within the population health/smokefree service to contribute to the above vision and make a huge difference to health outcomes for our community. This role is responsible for providing evidence based smoking cessation support, addressing holistic well-being needs (integrating with wraparound support services) of Counties Manukau community that are referred to the Smokefree Service.
The position contributes to the overarching organisational vision of a Smokefree Counties Manukau by 2025 (5% prevalence or less across all groups) and CM Health Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsibilities.
It is important that you are able to hit the ground running so it is essential that you have a recognised tertiary health qualification. Smoking cessation experience would also be beneficial, however more important is the ability to learn and develop in this regard, as full training will be provided. We currently have full time and part time positions available based at Middlemore Hospital.
- Full time working 40 hours a week
- Part time working 20 hours a week
You will have natural communication skills and a strong ability to relate to people from all walks of life, as well as being a great a motivator, with empathy and patience.
- Recognised tertiary health qualification
- In-depth knowledge of population health issues and their relation to the individual and whaanau
- Previous experience working with Maaori and/or Pacific peoples
- Smoking cessation experience or ability to learn and develop
- Ability to converse in Te Reo Maaori or a Pacific language
Come and join a team of passionate, capable and committed people – there are considerable opportunities for development for the right person.
To review the position description please "click here" or to apply online www.countieshealthjobs.com. For more information please contact Tangi Namulauulu in the Recruitment Centre on email email@example.com
Position Number: CMH07485
Closing Date: 12th April 2023
This position requires any worker to be vaccinated for vaccine preventable diseases including Covid-19
At Counties Manukau Health people and their lives matter to us. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our community. To help us achieve this we need a workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds who share our values and have a passion to work in our community and would greatly value seeing applicants from our Maaori and Pacific communities. We are also committed to our Disability Strategy, which focuses on people with disabilities; they are our patients, whaanau, community and our staff - all carefully considered in our action plan. Together we will improve the accessibility needs for everyone who has a disability. Our values are Valuing Everyone- Whakawhanaungatanga , Kind –Manaakitanga, Together –Kotahitanga, Excellent- Rangatiratanga. If these are your values too, then join us today
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - South & East Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Administration - Administration|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|