Registered and Enrolled Nurses - Forensic Mental Health Service | Hillmorton Hospital
- Permanent and fixed-term positions available
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope of practice.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a cohesive Multidisciplinary Team.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Forensic Mental Health Service (FMHS) provides assessment, intensive treatment, care and rehabilitation for tangata whaiora (consumers) who, as a result of mental illness, have seriously offended or are assessed as high risk for serious offending across a continuum from inpatient to community settings. FMHS is a fulfilling and dynamic environment with opportunities to further your knowledge and expertise supporting consumers in a range of settings including community, corrections, justice and inpatients units.
Pehea | About You
There are some exciting opportunities available for professional and highly motivated Registered and Enrolled Nurses to join us in a full time permanent or fixed-term capacity. Become part of a cohesive team that strives to make a real difference in people - s lives. Add your expertise and enthusiasm to an energetic, innovative multidisciplinary team, case managing individuals to discover and develop their strengths towards optimum health and potential placement into a residential setting.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a caring and compassionate nature will see you excel in this area. We pride ourselves on working as a team in collaboration and partnership with consumers and family/whanau. We strive to work within our philosophy to develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with consumers, to enable them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
- The positions are based on a roster thus flexibility across all shifts (morning, afternoon, and night) is imperative - the shifts follow a 4 days on, 2 days off roster pattern (for a full time position).
- There are 0.94 FTE permanent and fixed term positions available. There could be some flexibility to consider part time, but this will be on a case-by-case basis. Please note your preference in your cover letter.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
In order to be successful in this role, the following is required:
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and mental health scope
- Previous experience working within any area of mental health
- Self-motivated, flexible and solutions-focused
- A current NZ Driving Licence.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi
Mō mātou | About Us
Specialist Mental Health Services are an interdisciplinary team that forms part of Te Whatu Ora - Waitaha [Canterbury]. We are committed to working and partnering with tāngata whaiora and their whanau. Constantly striving to work within our philosophy; we develop therapeutic, supportive and empowering relationships with our consumers, enabling them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Please submit your most recent resume along with a cover letter stating why you believe that you are the ideal candidate for the role highlighting any skills you have gained along the way.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Contact Shannon Le Roux - Recruitment Partner on Shannon.LeRoux@cdhb.health.nz for additional information
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|