Associate Clinical Nurse Manager - Ward 4A & 4B
Associate Clinical Nurse Manager, Medical Ward 4A and 4B
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
1.0 FTE (80 hours per fortnight)
- Do you want to work for an employer known for their focus on employee wellness?
- Would like to work with a passionate and innovative team?
- Come join us on the slopes of Taranaki Maunga.
New Plymouth was named the most liveable city, for a population between 75,000-150,000, by the International Awards for Liveable Communities
Taranaki boasts some of New Zealand’s most iconic natural landscapes like Mt Taranaki and many adventure activities. The rugged and wild coastline is home to more than 12 world-class surf breaks. Taranaki is a place where you can ski and surf in the same day. For a more relaxing experience, there are many walks (bush, coastal or mountain) as well as art trails, festivals and award-winning museums and galleries and a thriving café culture. Click here to read more information about Taranaki.
The Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector to a population of 116,600 people. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
About the role
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure the operational management and coordination of services provided in Ward 4A/B (General Medicine). This will include the support and management of nursing and administrative staff to ensure efficient and safe delivery of patient care.
This position has strong working relationships with the Nurse Manager Medical Inpatients, Clinical Nurse Manager 4A/B, Medical Teams, Duty Managers, Allied Health, and other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of high-quality care to the patients in Ward 4A/B.
The successful candidate will be someone with;
- New Zealand Nursing Council registration and Annual Practising Certificate.
- A relevant post graduate Qualification or working towards this.
- Sound understanding of the legislation that underpins nursing practice in New Zealand.
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the principles of the Pae Ora framework.
- Ability to work in a complex changing environment and able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Preferred candidates will have experience in Acute Inpatient Nursing settings, (preferrably Medical), and previous senior nursing or nurse management experience. They will demonstrate a motivational leadership style and be able to support a cohesive team.
We are looking for an Associate Clinical Nurse Manager with excellent interpersonal skills and strong leadership qualities who is willing to learn, is innovative and patient focused.
Please click here to view the position description.
If you want to make an application click on "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information please contact Nicky Lumb, Nurse Manager - Medical Inpatients, via email Nicky.Lumb@tdhb.org.nz.
Applications close on Sunday 12 February 2023
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Senior Nursing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|