Fixed-Term Health Care Assistant, Discharge Lounge, Te Whatu Ora
- Fixed-term, Full-time position (1 year cover)
- Monday - Fiday!
- Discharge Lounge, North Shore Hospital
- Waitemata District
We are seeking an experienced Health Care Assistant to join our dedicated team in our Discharge Lounge! This is a Fixed-term Full-time position however, there will be opportunities to pick up extra shifts
Duties will be focused around assisting the Registered Nurses by providing patients with personal cares, keeping the ward clean and tidy, and ordering and restocking supplies. You will also be directing enquiries, making beds, ordering and handing out meals and supporting our Ward Clerk when required.
In addition the successful applicant will also have strong communication skills, strong computer skills and a good command of written and spoken English. Being independent and able to use your own initiative is imperative. Also, understanding the need for maintaining the highest levels of hygiene throughout the ward is crucial.
In order to apply for this position you will require the following skills:
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good command of verbal and written English
- Computer skills desirable
- Some knowledge and understanding of the NZ health care system
- Work experience and MIT Certificate for HCA.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Legal eligibility to work in New Zealand
For help with your online application, please contact Abigail Sana Matic by email on Abigail.Sanamatic@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job Number: WDHB15903
Closing Date: 7 February 2023
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Health Care Assistant - Hospital / Community - Health Care Assistant - Hospital / Community|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|