Emergency Medicine Specialist, Emergency Department (Various opportunities)
Emergency Medicine Consultant (FACEM or equivalent)
Emergency Medicine Specialists – Permanent, Full and Part-Time Positions Available
Want to make a difference in Emergency Medicine somewhere quintessentially Kiwi?
Is work-life balance important to you?
It’s about time! Nau mai haere mai ki te Tairāwhiti!
Tairāwhiti is one of the most beautiful, and sunny parts of Aotearoa New Zealand. With a population of just under 50,000 with approximately 80% in the city of Tūranga-nui-a-kiwa Gisborne the region is culturally rich and unique with a high proportion of Māori (55%).
While the rugged geography and dispersed population provide an ideal setting for outdoor pursuits such as surfing, cycling, camping and outdoor adventures, it also creates challenges and opportunities in delivering healthcare across the region.
He aha te mea nui o te ao? Māku e kī atu, he tangata, he tangata, he tangata
What is the most important thing in this world? It is people, it is people, it is people.
We believe in this whakataukī (proverb). It’s what makes us give our best for the people of Tairāwhiti every day. We offer a unique opportunity to join the Emergency Department at Gisborne Hospital. In addition to bringing your Emergency Medicine expertise, you will be able to make a significant contribution to address inequities in health care. You will become familiar with Te Reo and Te Ao Māori and play an important role in our mission to becoming more responsive to the needs of Tangata Whenua (the people of this land).
As the hospital expands, we anticipate other opportunities including leadership, participation in aeromedical retrievals, medical education and EM outreach services. The Emergency Department has been recently accredited for training for Rural Hospitalist Medicine Training Program registrars and accreditation for ACEM training registrars is anticipated.
Who we are
Gisborne Hospital is the primary health care facility on the East Cape of Aotearoa New Zealand. The Hospital is a 115-bed teaching hospital and has inpatient services in medical and surgical, women's health and paediatrics. Total yearly attendances of 25,000 and a 20 percent admission rate. The department has 14 beds including resuscitation and isolation bays. There is access to onsite laboratory and radiology facilities (CT, US, MRI). The group is comprised of FACEM or vocationally registered emergency specialist working with urgent care doctors.
Enjoy the benefits of working with us
Enjoy an incredible lifestyle with beautiful, world-class beaches, a fantastic selection of local wineries, cafes and bars set amongst a landscape suited to a variety of outdoor sports and adventure.
· Excellent exposure to a wide variety of pathologies in a mixed Emergency Department
· Minimal bed block with outstanding compliance against the 6-hour target
· Attractive salary package including special allowances outside of the ASMS MECA
· Accommodation and vehicle package
· CME package of $16K annually
· Access to employer-matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% annual earning
· Access to 10 weeks of leave annually
Why Tūranga-nui-a-kiwa (Gisborne)?
If you’re looking work-life balance, this is the place to be! Gisborne is the first place in the world to see the sun, and also holds the title of New Zealand’s surfing capital. With a sunny climate and both amazing beaches and picturesque landscapes, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to outdoor fun. Many options of consistent surf breaks make it easy to get in a surf before or after work, or explore one of the many walking tracks, paddle a waka on the river, or ride the local mountain bike park! Gisborne also boasts a varied cultural scene, as the home of festivals like Rhythm and Vines, First Light Wine and Food, and Te Tairāwhiti Arts. The influence of the region’s large Māori population is deeply felt in the language, art, and culture you can experience here.
To be part of our Waka (boat/canoe), you will have:
· Registration or be eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand
· Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or Equivalent
· Demonstrated clinical experience in the management of high acuity complex patients
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop partnerships and work collaboratively within a team
· A commitment to clinical excellence and delivering equitable healthcare
· New Zealand residency or meet eligibility criteria to immigrate to New Zealand
· Please apply online at www.hauoratairawhiti.org.nz (We only accept online applications)
· For general enquiries, please contact email@example.com
· For questions about this position, please contact Dr. Matthew Marion FACEM , Head of Department: Matthew.Marion@tdh.org.nz
Position Description | Emergency Medicine Specialist
|Location:||North Island - Gisborne - Gisborne|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Senior Medical Officers, Medical Officers and Fellows - Emergency Medicine|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|