- Permanent part-time position working within the largest medical laboratory in the South Island
- Join our experienced team of laboratory professionals and grow your skills within our busy diagnostic facility!
- Familiarity with laboratory processes and experience in a similar role is essential.
Canterbury Health Laboratories (CHL) is a busy diagnostic facility providing services to in-patients and outpatients at Te Whatu Ora Waitaha Canterbury within Christchurch. You - ll be working for the largest medical laboratory in the South Island which is also a major secondary/tertiary referral center with a varied and challenging case load. We have a modern and well-equipped lab including a good range of specialist equipment.
We have a permanent part-time position for a Laboratory Assistant working 32 hours a week.
Pehea | About You
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a high-quality service to clients;
- Registering samples into the Delphic LIS, and carrying out processes required for the pre-analytical processing of samples;
- Interpretation and input of request forms;
- Checking of data for accuracy and information;
- Answering telephone enquiries in our Lab line call centre.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills;
- The ability to contribute to and improve personal and team performance;
- Data entry experience, competent level computer skills is preferable;
- Familiarity with laboratory processes and experience in a similar role.
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ], you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Te Whatu Ora [Health NZ] Waitaha Canterbury
The Future of the Health Industry
It will be a condition of employment for this role that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Dose. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19 or pass Covid-19 to other staff. This can place an increased burden on our healthcare system. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Medical Lab Scientist / Technician|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|