HR Advisor | Fixed Term, Parental Leave Cover
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor, on a 12-month Fixed Term Parental Leave Cover, starting in March 2023.
You - ll be part of our supportive and dedicated kapa. As a centralised team, we work on a wide variety of HR and ER matters for both Waitaha Canterbury and Te Tai o Poutini West Coast. Of course, we have fun along the way! Your work will create a real difference in the lives of our kaimahi, patients, and community.
As an HR Advisor you are the frontline first responder for the HR Advisory kapa, receiving, resolving, and clarifying work requests that are more complex than those handled by the Service Hub kapa.
You - ll also provide support to Senior HR Advisors in things like creating case timelines; working through information to gather evidence/facts; taking notes during meetings; and writing the first draft of letters and reports for a Senior HR Advisor. As you grow and develop, you - ll independently manage HR and employment relations issues of increasing complexity as your capability allows.
You - ll work with our Communities of Expertise (CoE), such as our inhouse employment lawyers, and be involved in MECA or SECA implementation activities in conjunction with the HR Shared Services team. Working in an organisation of our size and complexity is a learning and career opportunity like no other!
Ko wai koe | About You
You - ll be efficient, pragmatic and approachable and able to build productive relationships with people at all levels.
You can operate within a complex, fast paced and ever-changing environment and use your strong communication and influencing skills to bring clarity and move things along. You love a challenge, keep calm under pressure, have a curious mindset, and can work collaboratively to balance shared deliverables and personal accountability.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- Previous experience in HR administration/recruitment/payroll/first response to HR questions in a complex organisation (working towards expanding HR generalist experience) and demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Critical thinking and ability to analyse and identify issues, then come up with and implement appropriate, effective solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to step out of your comfort zone to learn and take direction to develop your HR skillset.
- Strong computer skills and proficient ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Previous experience in a complex fast-paced unionised environment
- Previous HR generalist experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- Interest in employment relations
Mō mātou | About Us
- Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do -
- We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori is at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
- ā Mātou Uara (Our Value - - - - - - - s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site. For additional information please contact Lily Simons on Lily.Simons@cdhb.health.nz
Please include CV plus covering letter answering the following;
- Why you are interested in the role
- Why you think you - ll be great in the role
Please note: Applications will be progressed as they are received.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Human Resources - Human Resources|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|