District Nurses - Westport
- Multiple positions, full-time, part-time, Fixed-Term parental leave cover & casual opportunities available
- Registered Nurse with Annual Practicing Certificate
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritise in high pressure situations is essential.
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
Mō te tūnga | About the role
This role will suit an experienced District/Community Nurses who display a caring and flexible approach to patient care. You will enjoy working within a close knit team of healthcare professionals, while also at times work autonomously as you support and manage our patient's health and wellbeing out in the wider community.
As a District Nurse you will have a case load of clients with short to long term care needs, primarily older adults or disability/spinal cord injuries and palliative care and support. This role will cover a wide variety of nursing duties as you visit patients in their homes. These will include; wound care, continence and catheter care, lab result management and palliative care with the added bonus of being exposed to clinical conditions you may not otherwise see if you were in a large hospital setting.
Ko wai koe | About You
- Is looking for a role full of variety with no two days the same ' a real generalist!
- Enjoys working within the community and acting as the first point of contact for any healthcare related matters
- Committed to ensuring a high level of patient care at all times
- be committed to honouring the principles of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- An avid multi-tasker
- An excellent team player with a can-do attitude
- Eager to continue to learn and grow within their role
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients
- NZ healthcare experience is essential
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC with no restrictions
- Rural generalist nursing experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of Te Reo Māori, Tikanga Māori, Te Ao Māori is desirable
- Eligibility to work within New Zealand
Mō mātou ' About us
From July this year the West Coast DHB transitioned across to Te Whatu Ora - Health NZ. This is a great opportunity to make a difference at a time of significant change in the healthcare sector.
Te Tai o Poutini West Coast we are proud of how we do things. We have a way of working that we consider unique. It's about trying new things, listening to ideas from wherever they come from and working together as one.
We are passionate about attracting, recruiting and retaining talented people ' become part of our team.
Ngā hua ' Benefits
Being part of the Te Tai o Poutini West Coast, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
Tono ināianei ' Apply Now
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
Enquiries: Natalie Gaunt ' Recruitment Specialist ' Natalie.Gaunt@cdhb.health.nz
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will meet many people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - West Coast - Buller|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|