Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
12 month run though will consider interest for 6 month runs
Full time, 40 - 44.9 hours per week
- We are big enough to offer you variety of specialisation and career pathways
- Yet small enough where individuals count and you can make a difference
We are seeking to appoint a Registrar to our Mental Health and Addictions Service. The MHAS provides a wide range of specialist services within the Taranaki region that include:
- A 23-bed inpatient unit (4 beds - IPC), an Assessment and a Brief Intervention service working in the community. High and complex needs and community supported rehabilitation service beds are accessed via Tui ora a Kaupapa Maori service.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Mental Health Services for Older people.
- Alcohol and Drug Services.
The duration of this run is 36 months, though 6 month runs may be considered and is suitable for a first year Registrar. The run is accredited as a training position for specialist qualification for the FRANZCP.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Provide services to the Acute Inpatient and Community Mental Health services under the supervision of their Consultant.
- Review all inpatients and outpatients.
- Confer with the Consultant immediately for any clinical situation involving substantial risk beyond their level of clinical expertise.
- Conduct Outpatient Clinics
- Attend meetings as follows: Daily MDT meetings, Weekly Community MDT meeting, Bimonthly administrative meetings with Clinical Director and Consultant Psychiatrists Weekly Journal Club / CME.
- Participating on the on-call roster working with the Crisis Team
Registrars attend training and education opportunities that include - General tutorial session weekly, Clinical Grand Round where you may present cases when necessary and Radiology teaching.
Click here to view the run description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Home » Taranaki, New Zealand
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki is a large organisation (2,200 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
If you are interested in this position, click on “Apply Online” from within this page.
For more information about these positions, contact Dr Sharat Shetty, Clinical Director, Sharat.Shetty@tdhb.org.nz, Phone: 0272771637
Applications close on Thursday 15 December 2022
|Location:||North Island - Taranaki - New Plymouth|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Registrar - Psychiatry|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|