Registered Midwives - Christchurch Women's Hospital
- Full-time and part-time positions available for experienced and new graduate Midwives
- Eligible for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme
- Tertiary unit including birthing suite, high dependency unit and maternity ward
Mō te tūnga | About the role
We are seeking both experienced Registered Midwives and New Graduates to join us and work collegially within our skilled and friendly multi-disciplinary teams as we work in partnership with our local Lead Maternity Carers to assess, plan, implement and evaluate health care for the mothers and babies of the Waitaha (Canterbury) and Te Tai o Poutini (West Coast) regions.
Te Whatu Ora, Waitaha is now eligible for the Voluntary Bonding Scheme and you can find out more information about it here:
If you are a new graduate midwife looking to start your career or an experienced midwife looking for a positive change we have fantastic opportunities to become part of a highly skilled and professional midwifery and multi-disciplinary team. Whether you are based at Christchurch Women's Hospital or one of our outstanding women centered Primary Birthing Units in Ashburton, Rangiora or Rolleston or based at the brand new Grey Base Hospital you will be able to work in partnership with women, their babies and families / whānau utilising your enthusiasm and passion for women's health within a supportive and professional environment.
- We can offer you unique experiences within our Women's Health services to enable you to learn and develop professionally across a range of specialty midwifery practice.
- The Waitaha and Te Tai o Poutini Maternity System has a dynamic, dedicated and specialised team of health professionals working within both our purpose built, modern, tertiary maternity facilities and our Rural Primary Units.
- Join us and you will be able to work across the full scope of midwifery practice in our Birthing Suite, high dependency unit and our maternity ward (antenatal and postnatal) or within one of our beautiful women centered rural primary units.
To learn more about us check out this video https://youtu.be/L6a_aYdR8BY
Ko wai koe | About You
Whether you are new in your midwifery career or have lots of experience then we would love to speak with you. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team.
- Recent clinical experience regarding: planning, implementation and evaluation of care for women and babies especially those needing complex care.
- Strong commitment to the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding.
- Good communicator, with the ability to make informed decisions that focus on providing quality maternity care for the women within our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Should have excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Registered with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand with a current APC.
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at Te Whatu Ora Waitaha, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value''''s)
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngāhua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora Waitaha
When you work for us you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
You are part of something greater then yourself and encouraged to your uniquely self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted, therefore apply directly on our career site here.
Contact Steph Keene, Recruitment Partner on email@example.com for additional information.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - Midwifery -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|