Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takitini.
Success is not the work of one, but the work of many.
64 hours per fortnight (0.8FTE)
Are you an Occupational Therapist looking to work in Sunny Hawkes Bay?
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Paediatric Occupational Therapy team at the Child Development Service. This is part time (0.8) fixed term (8 months) position, to cover parental leave.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist who has Enable experience along with a passion for working with Tamariki and their Whānau in the community they live in.
The Child Development Service is a supportive, multi-disciplinary team who provide paediatric services throughout Hawke's Bay for children living with disability aged from birth to sixteen years. This position offers you the chance to make a real difference to tamariki and their whānau. The successful applicant will join the Occupational Therapy team who specialise in working with children from 2 -16 years of age. You will be working on site and in the community where the tamariki live.
You will join a supportive team of OT’s within a wider MDT and will approach your day using tikanga and relationship centred practice
The essential requirements for this position are:
• At least 2 years relevant clinical experience such in the paediatrics and /or neurological rehab and/or community work
• NZ Registered Occupational Therapist with current annual practicing certificate (APC).
• Thorough knowledge of the health and social issues that vulnerable tamariki and their whānau experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Full driving license
• NZ resident or citizen or have an appropriate visa to be eligible to live and work in NZ
• Enable accreditation in basic housing
• Recent or past experience in complex equipment provision including wheelchairs and seating
Desirable requirements for the role include:
• Enable accreditation Level 1 seating and lying along with complex housing
• Experience working within a MDT setting
The successful applicant will:
• Be given full orientation and supervision
• have the opportunity to negotiate their hours
• have continued and ongoing professional development opportunities
• work in a collaborative and supportive environment
You won’t find this opportunity just anywhere, and when you combine this with the chance to live in New Zealand’s own piece of paradise, you have to ask yourself “why work anywhere else”? Take a stroll through the Hawke’s Bay Tourism website and get yourself to Hawke’s Bay!
If you would like more information please contact Val White 06 878 8109 ext. 5857 or 027-580-4831 or email email@example.com
The Values of the Hawke’s Bay health sector are:
You will be working in the community where the child lives and will approach your day using tikanga and relationship centred practice
The Child Development Service in Hawkes Bay is a friendly welcoming team that will provide you with ongoing professional support and development. We strive to provide the best service for tamariki and whanau
If this sounds like you, review the Position Profile HERE and apply now!
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Maui, Hawkes Bay in general encourages a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills and is passionate about caring for our community. As part of our team we will support, encourage and help you to develop your career with us.
We are committed to delivering and living our Te Whatu Ora values of He kauanuanu – Respect, Ākina – Improvement, Rāranga te tira– Teamwork and Tauwhiro – Care. You should be someone who has similar personal values.
We are proud of our team’s diversity. We know the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce helps us achieve the best outcomes for our patients and the communities in which we operate and serve.
As per COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Act (No 2) 2021 Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Te Matau a Maui, Hawkes Bay requires ALL its employees to be both fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For full details of eligibility or when please click HERE.
Failure to meet these requirements will result in your application being rejected.
|Location:||North Island - Hawkes Bay - Hastings|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Occupational Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|