Specialist - Application Services
Where you’ll be working: Digital Enablement
The details: Permanent full-time, 80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
If your next move is joining a team progressing it’s Agile ways of Working journey, keep reading. Want to grow, be challenged and a role in digital enablement sounds interesting?
We outgrew what we were doing. Our response is based on the Spotify Approach. We continue to transform ourselves, our approaches and processes to deliver awesome customer outcomes. Our principal focus is great delivery in an ITIL aligned environment. We follow that up with work in the project space. The health transformations are creating exciting opportunities as we transition to a national organisation. Perhaps you find the prospect of contributing to better healthcare using contemporary approaches appealing?
In this role you will:
• Be robust in your processes, experienced with technology and innovation and passionate about a customer centric approach.
• Know that great outcomes follow solid process and be a strong advocate for clear, simple, repeatable ITIL aligned process.
• Work with a wide variety of stakeholders and groups to deliver great outcomes every day.
• Be excited to be part of an organisation adopting SAFe delivery and Agile ways of Working.
You will need to:
• Have a totally awesome ‘can do’ attitude underpinning everything you do and supporting your strong customer experience / outcomes focus.
• Have experience working in a structured environment supporting applications, ideally ITIL aligned. Knowledge of Service Now or a service management tool is a bonus.
• Be comfortable operating in a complex environment combining SLA driven support and resourcing project delivery, day by day.
• Be a resilient self-starter experienced working with a variety of stakeholders, clients and vendors in a software solution support and implementation environment.
• Be comfortable ‘getting on with it’ and equally comfortable asking for help when needed.
• Be a strong team player, pitching in to achieve the team goals yet be comfortable working individually sometimes too.
In return, we offer the opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s most progressive IT environments. Our team culture is caring, supportive, and customer focused with a ‘can-do’ and ‘roll your sleeves up’ foundation. This is a great opportunity to join us, develop your career and be part of a team in an organisation making a difference to people’s lives every day!
Get to know us, visit: https://www.waikatodhb.health.nz/
We look forward to your online application!
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team on Rachael.email@example.com
Application closing date: 5 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Information Technology - Information Technology|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|