Forensic Community Team - Occupational Therapist
- 1FTE, Permanent Full time position available.
- Case Management position, within the community, Monday to Friday.
- Must be a registered Occupational Therapist with experience in mental health and/or forensics.
The Team: What we do
The Community Forensic Team is a Regional Service based at Hillmorton Hospital provides that assessment, treatment, education, training, and community focused care for people for Forensic Patients. We are a small supportive team and we follow an assertive model of care ' you will get to know not only the patients in your own caseload, but also those under the team's care.
As the Occupational Therapist in the team you will be responsible for:
- Providing an occupational lens to assessment and intervention.
- Working with consumers to enable engagement in their communities through social inclusion
- Exploring opportunities for participation in meaningful occupations including vocation and study.
- Provision of case management to consumers under the Forensic Community Team.
- Sound occupational therapy assessment and intervention knowledge and skills across all domains.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and foster trusted relationships with clients, their family/whanau, and service providers;
- Experience in clinical mental health and forensic settings is advantageous;
- Demonstrate robust risk assessment and decision-making;
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work;
The Role: Where you fit in
This is a case management role in which you will work with clients in the community and potentially in our in-patient wards and step down bed facility. You will work closely with your inter-disciplinary colleagues and with community agencies to ensure that clients receive wrap around services that support their rehabilitation and community reintegration.
Strong administrative and organisational skills are vital in this busy role where you need to be flexible to meet the changeable nature of your work. You will also have an ability to develop good rapport with the people you work with.
If you're keen to work with in the area of community Forensic Mental Health, to further develop a wide range of assessment skills with a focus on risk assessment and management, then come and join our team.
Drivers License essential.
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand, leads the day-to-day running of our health system across New Zealand, with functions delivered at local, district, regional and national levels. It weaves the functions of the 20 former District Health Boards into its regional divisions and district offices, ensuring continuity of services in the health system.
Here in Waitaha, Canterbury we deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations.
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at Te Whatu Ora [Health New Zealand]
When you work at the Te Whatu Ora, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at Health New Zealand, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within Health New Zealand.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
Clinical - Mental Health -
|Attachments:||No File Attached|