Nurse Educator - Professional Development Unit: Older Persons & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Hamilton
The details: Permanent – Part-time 0.9FTE
Are you passionate about educating and upskilling nurses? Do you want to make a leadership contribution to influence clinical skill and professional practice development aimed at enhancing health outcomes for our regional population? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the role:
We are looking for a nurse educator to join us in the Professional Development Unit. Our vision is "Leading Education for Quality Care" and our mission is the advancement of nursing and midwifery practice, facilitated through workforce development and clinical education initiatives.
The purpose of this nursing leadership role is to respond to variances in clinical education needs and facilitate learning for nurses working in Te Whatu Ora Waikato’s older persons & rehabilitation areas. The role also facilitates the learning experience for students and new graduate nurses placed in older person’s rehabilitation. The successful candidate will work in partnership with a team of dedicated and experienced nurse educators and clinical leaders to plan, implement and evaluate responses to learning needs, as well as participate in organisation wide nursing education and development initiatives.
• a passion for developing nurses in clinical and professional practice
• at least four years post registration experience in a relevant acute or older persons & rehabilitation clinical experience
• a record of delivering and facilitating learning in clinical practice, experience in simulation an advantage
• expert level on PDRP, or at least proficient with demonstrated ability to transition to expert/senior
• excellent communication, network building and interpersonal skills
• a record of engagement in quality improvement activities such as holding a champion/link nurse role
• a preceptorship qualification is essential, further adult education qualifications an advantage
• evidence of successful study at postgraduate level
• New Zealand drivers licence
What we offer:
• A supportive environment focused on development and growth
• Mentorship and access to professional supervision
• An exceptionally supportive and enthusiastic team of educators, who collaborate to deliver the Professional Development Unit’s vision of “Leading Education for Quality Care”
• Access to professional development opportunities
If you are a registered nurse with a career pathway in education and, then we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please contact: Jennine Stevenson, Charge Nurse Manager Clinical Education, on 027 419 0065 or Jennine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view the Position Description
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Application closing date: 07 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Senior Nursing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|