Anaesthetic Technician Training and Development Coordinator
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) for an experienced NZ registered Anaesthetic Technician
- Inspire and foster the development of a large team of technicians in a varied and challenging role
- Contribute to the ongoing provision of high-quality services to our community!
The Team: What we do
Our Department of Anaesthesia at the Canterbury DHB is looking for an experienced Anaesthetic Technician to step into the pivotal role of Anaesthetic Technician Training and Development Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity to have a direct impact on the professional development of our Anaesthetic Technician workforce, ensuring the provision of a high-quality service to the Canterbury community through educated and passionate technicians!
We have a large team of over 60 qualified Anaesthetic Technicians and approximately 20 Trainee Anaesthetic Technicians across our Canterbury DHB campuses. This position will see you overseeing the training and development of this enthusiastic team who are committed to ensuring the best outcomes for our patients.
Now is an exciting time to join us as we prepare to progress from the Diploma training for Anaesthetic Technicians to the BHSc in Perioperative Practise. This is a permanent full-time opportunity (40hr per week). You'll be based at our Christchurch campus and will cover all anaesthetising areas across the campus You may also be required to travel to other locations within New Zealand for training and development meetings.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, coordination and implementation of the Trainee Anaesthetic Technician Training program; and students on BHSc Perioperative Practice pathway
- The provision of educational and professional development programs for our Qualified Anaesthetic Technicians;
- Maintaining clinical skills on a regular basis;
- Contributing to quality service improvement initiatives.
Your skills will include:
- 3+ years of post-qualification experience;
- Sound knowledge of the Anaesthetic Technicians Training Programs (including Diploma, degree and Grad cert) and associated requirements;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire and foster the development of others;
- Demonstrated experience in adult education/teaching is advantageous (relevant qualification is desirable but not essential);
- As some travel to other Canterbury DHB campuses is required, a full NZ driver's license is essential;
- NZ Registration with the Medical Sciences Council and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential.
Mō mātou | About Us
'Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do'
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the health and well-being of the Canterbury the West Coast community.
The culture at
Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and business.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Anaesthetic Technician / ODP|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|