Where you’ll be working: Property and Infrastructure
The details: Permanent full-time, 80 hours per fortnight (1.0FTE)
A great career opportunity has arisen for an electrician to live and work on the doorstep of the Coromandel. We are seeking the services of a registered electrician to carry out electrical maintenance work at Thames Hospital, a dynamic rural hospital that serves a population of 45,000 in the Coromandel Peninsula and Hauraki Plains.
The successful applicant must:
• have a full Electrical Registration (NZ)
• hold a Current NZ practicing license
• have a full NZ driver’s licence
• have demonstrated communication skills and experience dealing with clients in a professional manner
• be able to work unsupervised carrying out general maintenance and repairs
• have a sound knowledge of building services, equipment and fittings
• be conversant with LV reticulation, emergency generators and process control systems
• have sound fault finding ability
• possess an advanced electrical and/or instrumentation qualification (desirable)
Participation in an on-call roster for after-hours emergencies is a requirement of the position.
The hospital has an on-site gym and we have fishing and tramping on our doorstep, and surf just over the hill. The town is equally spaced between Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga for your urban fix.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Waikato. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team on Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 7 October 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Thames & Coromandel|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Facilities / Security - Facilities / Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|