New Graduate Oral Health Therapist / Kaitiaki Waha
Nau mai, haere mai ki whanau ora ki Te Awakairangi
Location: Wellington Region, including Kāpiti and Porirua
Service: Bee Healthy Regional Community Dental Service
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga ' About the role
We are seeking newly qualified Oral Health Therapists who are positive, forward thinking, work well in a team environment, and have friendly, empathetic natures with flexible attitudes.
Bee Healthy offers great working conditions in our new Hubs and strong clinical support including 1.1 dental assisting for all therapists.
Mō tō mātou rōpū ' About our team
The Bee Healthy Regional Community Dental Service provides dental services for children of the greater Wellington region from school and community based Dental Hub Clinics.
We welcome new graduates Oral Health Therapists for 2023 to our service and offer a full program of support and mentoring. You can also find out more about our service by visiting us at: www.beehealthy.org.nz
Moū ' About you
- * Be registered with DCNZ and have a current APC (pending graduation and registration for 2023.).
- * Hold a current driver's licence, as all staff are required to drive mobile dental vans.
- * Diploma/ Degree in Dental Therapy
- * Have knowledge of Infection Control procedures and practices
What's in it for you?
- A comprehensive mentoring programme to help you become confident and competent as quickly as possible. Develop your skills and confidence at your own pace with the guidance and support of experienced clinicians.
- A peer support programme with the opportunity to connect with other recent allied health graduates from across the hospital network.
- The opportunity to move to part time in order to pick up hygiene work.
- Cultural support opportunities for Māori and Pacific staff.
- Assistance for staff with disabilities.
- Reimbursement for some relocation expenses are considered.
- Refund of your annual Practising Certificate cost.
Those relocating from outside the Wellington Region are eligible to have some relocation costs reimbursed in some circumstances (conditions will apply).
E pā ana ki a tatou ' About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH235-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine, including having had one booster vaccination. We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Porirua|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Dental - Dental Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|