Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital - We currently have positions in Women’s Health on both the Maternity Ward (E2) and in the Acute areas – Birthing Unit
The details: Permanent part time rostered, and fixed term parental leave cover
Are you keen to make a difference? Do you have a passion for working with women, babies and their families?
Working in E2 you will predominantly be based in the postnatal ward, however you may be expected to work in other areas of the Women's Health Service such as the Gynaecology Ward, Birthing Suite and Women's Health Clinics.
Working in the Acute area you will be predominantly based in the Birthing Suite, Birthing Suite HDU and theatres. You will, however, also work in other areas in the Women’s Health Service such as in the Gynaecology ward, Maternity ward and Women’s Health Clinics.
While this is a challenging environment, it is equally very rewarding and you will be part of a dedicated and supportive team.
To be successful you will need:
• current registration with Nursing Council of New Zealand and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
• Is passionate about providing quality care for Women within a multi-disciplinary team
• Has excellent communication skills
• have experience working in an acute Women’s Health Service, caring for high risk women and/or have experience working in a fast paced environment is desirable
• be a team player who is flexible with a positive attitude
• have the ability to effectively coordinate you own workload and adjust to changing priorities
• Maternity experience is an advantage
Please click here to view the position description.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Amanda. Bandhara@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 5th July 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Gynaecology and Obstetrics|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|