Where you’ll be working: Waiora CBD
The details: Fixed term, 40 hours per week (1 FTE)
About the role:
Our occupational therapy team boasts many specialty areas, one of which is Supported Transfer and Accelerated Rehabilitation START team. This position is based at Waiora Building Central Hamilton working 40 x hours per week to cover 12 x month parental leave
In this role you will provide occupational therapy services to clients within their home environment in Hamilton city and surrounding areas. You will be collaborating with clients and the multidisciplinary team providing specialist occupational therapy assessment and interventions.
We welcome applications from qualified occupational therapists who hold registration to practice with the OT Board of NZ. As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
• At least 18 months post qualification experience and ideally experience with the Ministry of Health funding process.
• Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
• Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
• Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
• Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
• Full driver’s licence
What we can offer you:
• Meaningful support and orientation to your practice with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
• On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
• A great team environment and supportive work culture
Allied Health is a department of the Waikato DHB that provides Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech & Language Therapy, Dietetic, Audiology & New Born Hearing screening, Social Work, and Psychology services. Staff within these professions are all involved in direct client care and work in a wide range of situations to improve the health and wellbeing of the people they work with. Allied Health staff work in partnership with individuals and their family/whanau to facilitate relationships and a smooth journey through the healthcare system.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
Waikato District Health Board (Waikato DHB), is one of New Zealand’s largest public hospitals, covering a large urban and rural community
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. If you would like to discuss this position further before applying please call Debbie Gibson, Occupational Therapy Manager on +64 (0) 21 969712.
Application closing date: 30 June 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Allied Health - Occupational Therapist|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|