- Fixed Term part-time opportunity (0.8FTE Covid support role 32 hours per week) working across our CDHB campuses until January 2023!
- Join an experienced team with a focus on continued professional development.
- NZ Registration as a Medical Imaging Technologist with a Sonography qualification is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you-re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
We are looking for a Sonographer to join us in our cohesive and diverse Radiology team. Here in the Radiology Service we pride ourselves in keeping up with technology and we have a wealth of experience that we want to share!
Our service is provided across various sites including Christchurch Hospital (including the new Acute Services Building), Christchurch Women-s Hospital, Burwood and Ashburton Hospitals. This is a fixed term part-time opportunity for a qualified Sonographer working 32hrs per week (Specific days and hours of work are to be negotiated). Participation in rostered weekend and on call duties is required as part of this position.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Effective operation of ultrasound units and associated equipment, in conjunction with the radiology registrars and radiologists;
- Providing a patient focussed service in alignment with the vision of ensuring the best outcomes for patients;
- Assisting in the supervision and clinical training of student sonographers and MRTs.
Your skills will include:
- Experience in performing Obstetric, Gynaecological, General Abdominal, Paediatric and Doppler examinations;
- You will be a team player, committed to ongoing education and best possible patient care and outcomes;
- As some travel is required between campuses, a full NZ driver-s license is required;
- NZ Registration as a Medical Imaging Technologist with a sonography qualification recognised by the Medical Radiation Technologists Board is essential.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we
Health is ultimately all about people. What-s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District
Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible
working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom are likely vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is a higher risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19.
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Technical - Sonographers|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|