Programme Co-Ordinator - CADS Detox
- CADS Detoxification Services
- 1 FTE Position
Looking for that next move in your career? Are you excited about working in mental health and addiction fields?
Community Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) Auckland are looking for a Programme Coordinator to run and lead our group programme at the Medically Managed Withdrawal Service at our new premises at HomeGround, the Auckland City Mission building at 140 Hobson St, Auckland central.
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday 0830-1700
CADS are the largest Alcohol and other Drugs (AOD) service in New Zealand working with over 15000 people each year. CADS provide free community and inpatient AOD treatment from a number of locations across Auckland. CADS are committed to empowering the community to discover healthier use of substances (harm minimisation) and to promote recovery and wellbeing.
About the team
CADS Medically Managed Withdrawal Service is for people who have a physical dependence on alcohol and other drugs (e.g. methamphetamines, benzos, opiates) and who require medical support to withdraw from or reduce their use or to stabilise on medications. The current team consists of nurses, doctors, a consumer liaison, a programme co-ordinator, physiotherapist and peer support specialists
An interest in working with and helping those affected by addiction
- Cultural competence with a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
- Good time management
- Be able to legally drive in New Zealand without restriction
- Professional skills
- Training and/or experience in facilitating small groups or related work and be open to change and learning
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi disciplinary team (MDT)
- Clear verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including computer skills (email and word processing in particular)
- Working for a unique service serving the Auckland Metro region
- 10 days sick leave and 4 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- Competitive salary and paid professional registration as per DHB collective agreement
- Regular supervision and training
At Waitematā DHB we are driven by our values “everyone matters,” “with compassion,” “connected” and “better, best, brilliant.” We are committed to living up to these values to give you the right balance of autonomy, support, development, encouragement and aroha.
If you have an interest in the Mental Health and Addictions field please contact Keryn Wilson, Charge Nurse Manager on 09 815 5830 ext 43838. For further information on our recruitment process, please contact Anna Tiaiho, Recruitment Consultant on 09 442 7248.
To apply for this position, please do so by visiting our careers page at www.wdhbcareers.com, quoting position number WDHB14656 or by clicking the apply button below.
For a copy of the job description, please click here.
Closing Date: 29 June 2022
|Location:||North Island - Auckland - North Shore/West Auckland|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Mental Health - Alcohol and Drug Counsellor|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|