Mō te tūnga | About the role
The role of the Supply Chain Team is to provide the
best supply chain solutions for the healthcare system through efficient
procurement and purchasing of goods and services to meet end user requirements
through collaborative engagement and relationship management.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for ensuring
provision of an efficient service for the purchasing of goods and services to
meet customer requirements.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Setting customer focused KPI-s and overseeing and supervising the delivery of them within the purchasing team
- Developing and executing purchasing strategies in collaboration with Supply Chain management
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory requirements
- Ensuring seamless end-to-end purchase to pay processes, working alongside CDHB Accounts Department.
- Invoice variance reports, invoice queries and credits are actioned as required
- Reviewing and managing overdue orders daily, liaising with suppliers and communicating with customers
- Ensuring the needs and deadlines of internal customers are met or exceeded
- Communicate with Procurement and Stores to ensure interchange of information to enhance effective operation of the Supply Department
- Ensuring Policy and procedure documentation is current and accurate
Ko wai koe | About You
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has a customer centric approach to their mahi (work) and the ability to build an engaged and efficient team. The ideal candidate should be solution focused, have strong leadership skills and a can do attitude.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role requires the following:
- Experience as a Purchasing Manager or in a similar field
- Extensive knowledge of inventory and supply chain management
- Supervisory and management experience
- An eye for detail and a level of pride in one-s own work
- Microsoft Office suite of applications, and ORACLE software
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Negotiating and persuasive skills
Mō mātou | About Us
-Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi - Putting people at the heart of all we do-
We are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles by
ensuring our partnership with Māori are at the forefront of all our
conversations. We believe in improving, promoting, and protecting the
health and well-being of the Canterbury and the West Coast community.
The culture at Canterbury District Health Board, is driven by our ā Mātou Uara (Our Value-------s):
- Care and respect for others - Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
- Integrity in all we do - Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
- Responsibility for outcomes - Te Takohanga i ngā hua
Ngā hua | Benefits of working at CDHB
When you work at the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of a wider whānau that will support you along your journey. We offer great coaching, mentoring and learning outcomes for all staff. We are always improving our facilities across all campuses and have amazing discounts from select retailers, restaurants and businesses. At the DHB, you are part of something greater than yourself and encouraged to be your unique self.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
We have a range of clinical and non-clinical roles at CDHB, there could be a place for you!
Please visit our careers website for other
roles and find your ideal fit within the Canterbury District Health Board.
The Future of the Health Industry
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. This vaccination requirement includes gaining Booster Doses required to perform your role under the Health Order. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
|Location:||South Island - Canterbury - Christchurch|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Procurement - Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|