Respiratory Physiologist / Mātanga Tinana Koiora
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Contract: Permanent, Full-time/Part-time (Please state on your cover letter what hours you are seeking)
Salary: As per MECA
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic clinical physiologist to join our team working in a busy respiratory physiology department. The role will be involved in performing respiratory physiology tests such as spirometry, diffusing capacity and lung volumes, and more complex testing on people referred for a respiratory review. The role will also include working with CPAP and NIV patients, setting up and providing long term treatment and management for patients with sleep related breathing disorders, and provide support/assistance with Bronchoscopy procedure.
The role is based in Respiratory Medicine at Wellington Regional Hospital, but may require the candidate to work at other sites across the Wellington, Hutt Valley and Porirua region. Preferably you will have experience with lung function testing and be looking to further develop your career in this area. You will be focused on providing a patient centred experience and be confident to work with patients and their family and whanau to achieve the best possible test results.
The position offers the right candidate the opportunity to work in a busy respiratory service and gain experience working closely with the multidisciplinary team. Appropriate training will be provided as required.
You will be working in a multidisciplinary environment.
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About our team
Respiratory Medicine is based in the Clinical Measurement Unit at Wellington Regional Hospital. It provides outpatient services at Wellington and Kenepuru hospitals and in patient services at Wellington Regional Hospital. Outreach clinics are provided at Hutt and Masterton hospitals and community clinics are in development.
The service is fully supported by a full equipped pulmonary function laboratory with core and complex testing.
Current medical staffing totals 4.75 FTE, split among 7 individuals, with a further 2 FTE currently being advertised as part of service expansion. There are 4 full time registrars in respiratory medicine; two respiratory and one sleep registrar advanced trainee posts, one basic trainee post and a house physician.
Moū - About you
Knowledge and Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant subject and Certified Respiratory Scientist Certification
- Registration with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board NZ
- Experience in pulmonary function diagnostic testing
- Experience in the setup of CPAP and Bi-Level devices
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a science related subject with a major in physiology
- Operate and maintain equipment within the lab according to laboratory manufacturer-s procedures. This includes Calibration, quality control, preventative maintenance, basic trouble shooting and infection control / cleaning prior to and after each patient.
- Work in accordance within the laboratory procedures manual and international guidelines.
- Achieve accurate, reliable and repeatable measurements of a patient-s respiratory function.
- Analyse, calculate and present the results for reporting.
- Writes factual reports based on acceptability and reproducibility of patient test performance including detailed clinical history and test data interpretation
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to work effectively within a team environment
E pā ana ki a tatou - About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email Philip.Adamson@ccdhb.org.nz and indicate the job title and vacancy number (AH196-22) in the subject line.
We require all our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This includes the booster dose within six months of receiving the second dose of initial vaccination (for some people the initial vaccination will have comprised of three doses). We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
|Location:||North Island - Wellington - Wellington Central|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|