Clinical Nurse Specialist - Acute Pain Service
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Acute Pain
Nelson Hospital, part-time (0.7 FTE)
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse
- Be part of a vibrant team committed to client-centred care
- Permanent position working 56 hours a fortnight (0.7 FTE)
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We are seeking a committed and experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist in acute pain management to join our interprofessional team based in Nelson. The primary focus of the role is to provide client centred pain management care working within an interdisciplinary team and to provide expert level education and support across the NMDHB district. This key role will lead the advancement of professional knowledge and skills within the pain management specialism using current evidence based practice.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The successful applicant will have:
- Current New Zealand Nursing Council registration as a Registered Nurse
- A current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Current Proficient, Expert or Senior Nurse level Professional Development Recognition Programme achievement
- A Clinical Masters Degree (or working toward in specialist pain papers}.
- Post graduate qualifications in pain management and/or a certificate or Diploma relevant to scope of practice
- Have current credentialing for expanded scope of practice directly related to pain management
- Demonstrate extensive clinical expertise in pain management (chronic and acute pain) and pain clinic services
For the health and safety of staff and patients all NMH staff are required to be vaccinated in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for Te Tau Ihu, the top of the south. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are Nelson and Marlborough-s largest employer, which means the opportunities here are endless. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More Information)
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
At Nelson Marlborough Health we encourage a workforce that is innovative, eager to learn and enhance their skills, and passionate about caring for our community. We do great work and we need a great team to help us deliver.
Nelson/Tasman is a place of stunning natural landscapes - lakes, mountains, rivers, native bush and beaches. The region is known for its relaxed lifestyle and year round dry and sunny days. Find out more at https://www.nelsontasman.nz/
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
Keen to apply now, it-s easy. Please click apply now and fill in our online application form. https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz
For general enquiries please
contact our recruitment team on email@example.com or 03 546
1274. Alternatively, for role specific information please contact Monette
Johnston, Nurse Manager Perioperative Services on Monette.Johnston@nmdhb.govt.nz
Applications close: Open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
|Location:||South Island - Nelson / Marlborough - Nelson|
|Job type:||Permanent Part time|
|Expertise:||Clinical - Nursing - Registered Nurse|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|