Receptionist - Waikids
Where you’ll be working: NICU Reception, Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent, Part time (0.9 FTE)
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic receptionist with customer service and/or ward clerk experience to be a part of their administration team.
Along with excellent reception/admin skills, the tasks you’ll be expected to undertake may vary across our service, so flexibility and self-management skills are key to this role.
About the role:
The successful applicant will possess the following competencies:
• Strong customer focus
• Outstanding administration and telephonic skills - call centre and healthcare experience preferred
• Accurate computer and data entry skill; good attention to detail
• Process and procedure orientated
• Flexibility and willingness to work with changing priorities - essential (including shift work)
• Great interpersonal skills and good team player
• Knowledge of the hospital information systems is an advantage
• This is a great opportunity for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude who likes variety and is willing to go the extra mile. If you enjoy a challenge and are a fast learner, this could be the role for you - we look forward to receiving your application.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Amanda Bandhara in the Recruitment Team by email Amanda.Bandhara@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: 22 May 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
|Location:||North Island - Waikato - Hamilton|
|Job type:||Permanent Full time|
|Expertise:||Non-clinical - Administration - Administration|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|